About the foundation
The Bezos Family Foundation believes children are born with potential and deserve the experiences and environments needed to learn and thrive. Our programs and funding are guided by the science of learning and aim to transform how we support all young people—especially those furthest from opportunity—to pursue their own path for success. www.bezosfamilyfoundation.org
About the position
The Partnerships Project Manager will serve as the project management backbone for the Vroom team. This new role will implement and apply project management best practices, allowing Vroom to continue to reach families within the United States and select regions abroad. The Partnership Project Manager is expected to take initiative, be a self-starter, and work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
The right candidate will be a detail-oriented project manager with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining great flexibility. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a lean and horizontal structure: no task is too big or too small. The work will vary, from creating systems for legal documentation, to driving products and features in the Vroom app, to researching and coordinating conferences, to driving marketing efforts and more. Flexibility to stretch from big-picture thinking to hands-on administrative work will be key to success in the role. The ability to track and prioritize multiple complex work streams, review, draft and proofread legal correspondence is a must. Ultimately, this person should be passionate about social impact work and committed to making a difference in the lives of families.
- Project manage partner communication and track follow-up tasks.
- Update and maintain weekly partnership meeting schedule summary. Oversee the proactive flow of partnership updates to team and organization.
- Ensure that meetings, deadlines, presentations, and logistics are handled seamlessly, including team calendar management, organizing meetings with external parties and travel support, as needed.
- Perform research and occasional briefing materials.
- Prepare and organize presentations for internal and external audiences, including PowerPoints and summary memos.
- Maintain partner organization and contact list in CRM database (Salesforce).
- Participate in key meetings with leadership, external stakeholders and others as needed and delegated.
- Lead, project manage and execute partner events as needed, including conference presence, summits, trainings, etc. Manage guest-related tasks, speaker travel arrangements, venue searches, menu selecting, conference room scheduling, on-site setup, assistance and more.
Project Management and Communications Support
- Serve as point of contact for core project team, including vendors, strategic partners, and community-based organizations.
- Research and implement a system to review and track all contracts and agreements, including those with outside vendors, independent contractors, and partnering organizations, and serve as subject matter expert on that system.
- Drive meeting and conference planning, coordinating conference and video conference calls, working with leads to develop meeting agendas for regular and ad hoc meetings, capturing real-time notes for large meetings and tracking action items that result through resolution.
- Upon completion of projects, document lessons learned and archive records.
- Assist with the development and implementation of partner engagement and communications strategies to support program goals.
- Assist in website copywriting, data entry and database maintenance. Support marketing programs across email, mobile apps, websites, social media and other digital marketing channels.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, education, legal studies, or related disciplines preferred, or comparable experience.
- 5-8 years of project management and/or traffic management is required; nonprofit or philanthropy experience is a plus.
- Experience with contract management or as a paralegal highly desired, including the ability to draft, proofread, and manage legal documents; knowledge of intellectual property, licensing, copyright, trademarks, liability and risk mitigation a plus.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to early childhood, parenting engagement and support preferred.
- Familiarity with multi-channel marketing strategy, creative development, and internet technology preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills and excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook; social media savvy, website content maintenance (CMS), CRM technology (Salesforce), and graphic design skills a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, respectful manner with clients and other business contacts required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with exceptional organization skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently on assignments with sound judgment; ability to adapt and respond positively and effectively to change and shifting priorities and goals.
- Lived experience in a community traditionally under-represented in nonprofit leadership roles, and an understanding of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other staff members, teams and partner organizations; strong interpersonal skills with an engaging and motivational style.
- Ambitious, easy to work with, have a good sense of humor and positive attitude. Contribute to a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
- Possesses a positive, professional, and proactive approach to problem solving, innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels is required. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the organization is imperative.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Sound business judgment and a skilled collaborator.
- Innovative, resourceful and conscientious of organization’s brand and assets.
- Ability to work proactively and take initiative to support changing needs of the team.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
A note about location and the pandemic: Bezos Family Foundation is located in downtown Seattle. While we will continue to follow federal, state and local public health guidance, as of now, employees are working remotely and are expected to be able to report to our Seattle office when it is deemed safe to do so.
The Bezos Family Foundation believes all children are born with potential and deserve the experiences and environments needed to learn and thrive. In honor of these beliefs we are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and accessible environment within our Foundation and with those we serve.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying